Thursday, June 24, 2010

D Day Minus 204 (August 16, 2009)

I hoped you'd call me all morning.  And you finally did around 10:30.  I didn't care that I was in the middle of the corpse pose on the hardest workout on my Bryan Kest Yoga DVD. I wanted to hear your voice.

We talked about how Morgan wanted me to start P90X , but I wasn't ready to make the commitment to Tony Horton.  You told me to take my time and start when I was ready.  You hoped your new Wegmans shirts would come in the mail in the next couple of days, so you wouldn't have to do laundry as much. 

You were excited about having the day off and rattled off your to do list:
  • go to Wegmans and pick up groceries so you could cook Katie dinner,
  • maybe watch your Harry Potter movies,
  • do laundry so you had clean clothes for work tomorrow,
  • get some lunch that had a lot of calories so you could get your weight back up to 155 pounds, and 
  • harvest some crops on Farmville on Facebook so you could beat Katie. 
Apparently,  Katie sucked you into the Farmville vortex.  Earlier in the week, my Facebook Headlines were littered with your Farmville antics. Who would have thought you'd have any energy left to plant crops, raise pigs, help out your neighbor  --  let alone spy and poke fun at your cousins' pitiful plots? I threatened to disown you if you started playing Mafia Wars just before I passed the phone to Dad.

The two of you talked bread - baking, mixing, rising, ovens, temperatures, and yeast for about ten minutes until I got control of the phone again.  Just before we hung up, you said, "You need to try the asiago bagels.....Tomorrow."

After my shower, I checked Facebook.  And you did it again -- you were littering my headlines with your Farmville announcements. I shook my head and smiled at the silly distraction.  I could almost hear you laughing at your computer, music blaring with Daryl Hall and John Oates hits, with one goal -- beat Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment